Hair Transplant: Technique, Procedure, And Benefits
- A face with a bald head does not look impressive. However, balding is not painful at any stage of the progression but if you consider psychological effects, baldness or male pattern baldness is a problematic issue.
- If you are experiencing serious pattern hair loss, you can go for a great hair loss treatment called hair transplant.
- We have created this blog to provide a general overview of hair transplant technique including procedure, techniques, and benefits.
- But before we start the topic, let us have a look at a brief description of the male pattern baldness.
Male pattern baldness is a genetic problem that kills your hair forever. The development of this disease shows a significant pattern affecting the hairline, temporal reason, and crown area.
You can recognize these scalp issues with the help of a horse-shoe shape because of a spars layer of hairs remaining on the sides and back of the head.
These areas grow baldness resistant hairs and male pattern baldness does not affect these hairs.
Usually, this problem removes hair follicles that never grow hairs again.
But experts say that they can restore the bald area with the help of hair transplant surgery.
You have read about baldness resistant hairs growing on the back of the scalp.
The surgeon borrows the same hairs from this area and implants healthy hair follicles to the recipient region.
Baldness resistant hair follicles grow in the new area with the same density and thickness without being affected by pattern hair loss.
So, after the treatment, you will perfectly natural look with real hairs on the bald area.
Nowadays, the surgeon uses mainly two techniques for performing hair transplant: follicular unit transplant or strip surgery and follicular unit extraction.
With the use of a scalpel, the surgeon, in this procedure, is going to remove a strip of scalp tissue from the donor region.
The cut is then closed with the help of stitches.
In the next step, the surgeon dissects the strip into small parts to obtain separate hair follicular units.
These hair grafts are implanted onto the bald area at the end of the surgery.
In this procedure, the surgeon is not supposed to remove the strip of skin but he directly cuts out the hair follicular units from the donor area with the help of a tiny instrument.
He ends the surgery with inserting these hair follicles in the recipient area.
Hair transplant surgery provides amazing benefits like:
- It is a safe treatment and causes no side effects.
- Transplant hairs are your own so there is no chance of rejection by the body.
- You have to get the treatment once in your total life.
- Completely natural results with real hairs
- Boosted confidence
- Healed low-self esteem